Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515 problems downloading files

Hi all,

I have a problem I am configuring a Cisco pix 515e, I have two VPN tunnel site to site Working and the firewall up and running, but I have a problem with the firewall when I tried to download files from certain sites I can't, for example I can't download files from Mozilla http://www.mozilla.org/download.htm or www.microsoft.com among many others.

I can download files from torrents, and most ftp servers, as well update my computers from Microsoft widows update.

For example if I download internet explorer 8 from Microsoft site, the download starts but only download a few Kb, other times the download doesn't start.

I also have problems with you tube, the problem is the following, if I tried to see any video the clip is very slow to start, and in some cases I can't see the clips.

I attach the log file from Cisco pix to help troubleshoot the problem, as well a configuration file.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am glad i could help you in resolving the issue .

Pls rate if it helps

HTH

Saju

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can't answer your question specifically, but if you look at your configuration you have internal network routes to 20.0.0.0/8, 30.0.0.0/8, and 40.0.0.0/8 which are public sector IP address ranges. If any outbound traffic is destined to a website that falls within that range, you will get weird results possibly like these.

route inside 20.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

route inside 30.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

route inside 40.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.54 1

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

This could be a fragmentation issue.Try to adjust TCP MSS value on PIX.

sysopt connection tcp-mss MSS_size_in_bytes

example : sysopt connection tcp-mss 1360

HTH

Saju

I use the following article to solve the problem

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00804c8b9f.shtml

It was the TCP MSS.

Thank you for the help

I am glad i could help you in resolving the issue .

Pls rate if it helps

HTH

Saju

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card