Is this possible????

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2008

Hello Folks,

My customer needs to be able to send an email from his blackberry to the CallManager with a number in the subject of the email. The CallManager dials the required number and sends the call back to the blackberry from which it received the email. by doing this all calls are considered as incoming calls and therefore free because all blackberries have free unlimited incoming calls. This will allow to avoid making outgoing calls using blackberries which will bring a huge saving at the end of the month with the bills. Is this possible to do? If so how? We are uning CCM 5.1 and unity 4.2

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Wed, 09/03/2008 - 07:05

Not possible with default software either CUCM or Unity.

Basically you need an application that gets the email, and dial into CUCM, then join the calls.

The closest thing we have without email is Mobile Voice Access in 6.X

mightyking Wed, 09/03/2008 - 07:11

Thanks for the reply. Are you aware of any third party applications which would do that?

Jaime Valencia Wed, 09/03/2008 - 07:08

pretty imagination your customer has =)

CUCM doesn't even have a SMTP or any mechanism to receive e-mails so CUCM cannot do it

In unity you can receive e-mails from Exchange but some developer would need to create some kind of weird script to capture those parameters and then use the unity integration to send a call... i'm just thinking but i'm not even sure if this could be possible since i'm far from being an exchange guru or a programming guru

best guess would be that it's not possible, if possible it might not prove to be so money saving since they would need to hire developers to create the interface and probably won't be any cheap to do so

if this helps, please rate

mightyking Thu, 09/04/2008 - 08:19

Anybody knows about any third party application which can do that?

This Discussion