cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H264 support - CCM4.2

ssparkes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a CCM4.2(3)SR2b installation with several Tandberg (H323) and VTA (2.1) endpoints.

VTA to VTA is fine negotiating an H264 codec. Unfortunately the best I can get with the Tanndberg H323 endpoints is H263. I know CCM 4.1.3 introduced H264 support for SCCP endpoints. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be H264 support for H323 endpoints. The Tandberg endpoints are created within CCM as H323 devices. The tandberg endpoints have the IP address of the CallManager server for H225/245, ie they do not use a gatekkeper.

Thanks

I'm having no luck getting H264 working between

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately the support for h264 is limited to sccp to sccp calls, there is no support for it with h323

Take a look at the system guide for 4.2(3) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e4ea.html

In the Video Codec section, you see:

"The system supports H.264 for calls that use skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) on originating and terminating endpoints only."

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately the support for h264 is limited to sccp to sccp calls, there is no support for it with h323

Take a look at the system guide for 4.2(3) here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e4ea.html

In the Video Codec section, you see:

"The system supports H.264 for calls that use skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) on originating and terminating endpoints only."

HTH

java

HTH

java

Anyone know if this is still the case with CUCM 6.1? Looking to do H264 between H323 and SCCP devices.

Linux appliances do support h264 between h323 and sccp

HTH

java

HTH

java

By Linux you mean CUCM 6.1.1 should work?

I cannot seem to make it happen. Any suggestion on how to set it up?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: