CCNA Certification Perks

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2008

I recently passed my CCNA test and achieved certification. I'm wondering what kind of perks within the Cisco organization I am now entitled to. For example, can I get a discount on Cisco equipment now? Do I now have greater access to information to Cisco materials..etc. Any info on this would be appreciated. Also, if you know any specific links to webpages, that would be great.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jcrussell Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:03

You get nothing. Seriously, getting Cisco certified gets you pretty much nothing in the way of Cisco discounts, IOS downloads, etc. Even getting the CCIE just gets you a cheap plaque and the ability to buy CCIE stuff from the Cisco store.

IMO, the benefit in getting Cisco certified is it displays a certain level of competence in your field, and that could help you get a job. Also, most people do learn a thing or two while studying, and learning is always good.

onehungelf Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:19

How difficult was the exam? I am getting ready to take it and am wondering what I should really be studying. I have a book CCNA Guide to Cisco Networking and a CCNA Network Simulator. Just looking for some pointers.

kmiller29 Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:42

I did hear that Cisco will not provide support to a company that does not have a CCNA employee working for this. Does anybody know if this has any merit?

jcrussell Wed, 09/03/2008 - 08:49

That is completely ridiculous. Cisco will support any company that has a valid SMARTnet contract for the product(s) in question.

kmiller29 Wed, 09/03/2008 - 09:08

Thanks for your promp reply. I'm on my way to CCNP now. I guess that is pretty much the same deal?

jcrussell Wed, 09/03/2008 - 09:10

Yup! You get the satisfaction of gaining the knowledge, and maybe the certification will make a difference to a potential employer.

This Discussion