Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 RME Upgrade issues

wil6707
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have recently upgraded my RME to 4.0.11. I have 2 problems. On one of my servers the Software Center is showing my current version of RME to be 4.0.11 after the upgrade, however when you go to the RME homepage it displays 4.0.0 at the top.

The second issue is that when I try to look at my Data Collection results, I get the following message:

An error occurred in generating Data Collection Metrics. Latest Data Collection Metrics Report is not available

Any Ideas?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no such thing as RME 4.0.11. That is a version of Campus Manager. Please post screenshots illustrating exactly what you are seeing.

Sorry about that. I meant Campus Manager. I have attached screen shots.

Both problems could be symptomatic of a bad installation. The version is derived from the NMSROOT\setup\utng.info file. If this file was not updated as part of the LMS 2.5.1, 2.6, and CM updates, then the application may produce such errors as some additional files may not be updated properly.

What upgrade path did you take to get to CM 4.0.11? Did you manually edit the NMSROOT\setup\utng.info?

We have been on 2.6 since the initial install of the software on the server, and I have just been going through the "Software Center" to check for and install applicable updates. This particular one was a manual install that just downloaded the installation file to the server where I then had to run it locally to upgrade. I haven't edited any files manually.

LMS 2.6 was not installable as a standalone product. You would have had to move from LMS 2.5 or 2.5.1 up to 2.6. In any event, the errors here do point to a bad installation of Campus Manager at the very least. I recommend you reinstall Campus Manager on this server. This process may be tricky, and you should probably open a TAC service request, and have them help you with it.

Yes that's correct. I did have to install 2.5.1 and upgrade to get to 2.6. I just mean that I did all that right off the bat. It's possible that this problem has been here since and I just never noticed it until now. Unfortunately we don't have TAC on our LMS yet, although we are working on getting it. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: