cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Deployment question

mrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is interested to deploy WAAS. The customer has one main data center and 12-13 branches. I know we can design and deploy core and branch optimization and acceleration. Is there any way we can optimize and accelerate branch to branch? Appreciate your help.

6 Replies 6

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Mohammed,

Thanks for your post. WAAS uses an auto-discovery process to automatically find peer WAEs between the client and server data path. There is no need to statically configure which WAEs peers with each other -- they will find each other automatically by virtue of intercepting the traffic (using inline or WCCP interception).

Regards,

Zach

Hi,

As Zach stated they will discover automatically, but you need to consider how many TCP connections might be in place so the correct model of WAE is installed on every site. So is more a design and sizing consideration.

Regards,

memosoto

also in version 4.1 the peers will connect to each other for optimization, not back to the hub. it will act like a full mesh instead of a hub and spoke.

gary.day
Level 1
Level 1

While base optimizations will auto-discover, you will have to configure the CIFS adapter as edge/core at each site to achieve full CIFS optimizations.

I thought edge/core was only for Legacy, how do you configure core on CIFS?

The new CIFS AO in the 4.1 release does not have the concept of Edge/Core or any of the same configuration requirements.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: