Views
Helpful
Replies

Google Chrome Browser - no workie with 4.2(1) ciscopca

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi all -

We just ran into a problem I thought I'd share - this is on Unity 4.2(1) server and ciscopca (Unity Assistant). The Media Master bar does not show up in this new browser - similar behavior to already documented incompatibility problem with Google Desktop Search engine. I haven't tested with other Unity versions.

Regards, Ginger

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this is so new, I doubt BU has even tested PCA or SAweb for Unity on this browser and therefore will not officially support it. I am not suprised by this as it is so new. Thanks for letting us know.

Tray

Even IE8 beta has problems and google chrome is beta also. The BU is not going to test every browser just like they do not test every HW and SW.

Just my .02 cents.

Go Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It is not likely that Chrome will support the media master functionality as it doesn't support Active X controls.

So if/when the BU qualifies Chrome, it will be without support for the media master. Other browswers (Safari, Firefox, Netscape)that are/were supported for Cisco PCA also have this limitation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: