Admin Script in Cisco Outbound option

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2008

What i am trying to acheive is a little out of the ordinary. I want to have a single Admin script for multiple campaigns in our deployed solution. We currently have 200 campaigns configured with 100 concurrent campaigns running throughout the day.

The reason why i want to do that is, this will save time creating a new Admin script whenever a new campaign is configured.

Can someone shed light if this can be done and what are the pro's and cons for the same?

Mohsin Kazi

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cvenour Wed, 09/03/2008 - 22:12

Yes, you can have multiple outbound settings sequentially within the one script. Although I would probably suggest that you might be better off splitting them up into a few scripts - one per each business group or something - just to make admin a little easier.

Alternatively, what you can do is have the admin script read the current settings from a DB, and create a simple web page or other tool to write changes to the DB. That way you never have to touch the admin script - as long as the customer understands that there is a delay between the time a change is made, and the time the admin script executes.

mohsin.kazi Thu, 09/04/2008 - 03:42

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any disadvantage of using a Single admin script for multiple campaigns?

cvenour Thu, 09/04/2008 - 03:44

As I said above, the only complexity can be around managing a big script, rather than a number of smaller ones.

This Discussion