Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Script in Cisco Outbound option

mohsin.kazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What i am trying to acheive is a little out of the ordinary. I want to have a single Admin script for multiple campaigns in our deployed solution. We currently have 200 campaigns configured with 100 concurrent campaigns running throughout the day.

The reason why i want to do that is, this will save time creating a new Admin script whenever a new campaign is configured.

Can someone shed light if this can be done and what are the pro's and cons for the same?

Mohsin Kazi

3 Replies 3

cvenour
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can have multiple outbound settings sequentially within the one script. Although I would probably suggest that you might be better off splitting them up into a few scripts - one per each business group or something - just to make admin a little easier.

Alternatively, what you can do is have the admin script read the current settings from a DB, and create a simple web page or other tool to write changes to the DB. That way you never have to touch the admin script - as long as the customer understands that there is a delay between the time a change is made, and the time the admin script executes.

Regards,

Corey.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any disadvantage of using a Single admin script for multiple campaigns?

As I said above, the only complexity can be around managing a big script, rather than a number of smaller ones.

Regards,

Corey.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: