Subnetting in CCENT or CCNA

Unanswered Question
Sep 3rd, 2008
User Badges:

Did Cisco remove subnetting from their CCENT?CCNA exam? I am using Cisco Press books and only found converting decimals to binary and finding host portions, broadcast address and next network.

Is that it now? where is subnetting done now?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi There

I cannot imagine that subneting has been removed from the CCNET/CCNA exam.

The ability to subnet is a very important skill and not just for exam day. If you choose to work in the IP networking field, then you will need to be able to subnet.

Exams only show that you have a certain level of understanding of a subject. They do not infer that you have expereince.

IMHO you should study and learn what is required for you job and to increase you knowledge. Not just what is on the exam blueprint.

Best Regards,

Michael

burleyman Thu, 09/04/2008 - 03:37
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

No they did not. Based on your question....finding host portions, broadcast address and next network......you would have to know and understand subnetting to get to your answers.

HTH

Mike

ayussuf Fri, 09/05/2008 - 06:44
User Badges:

Maybe I meant Supernetting...it looks like something is missing from the previous versions

shafistrokes Sat, 09/13/2008 - 18:42
User Badges:

hi ayussuf

i think subnetting will be there in the CCNA exam topics as long as the IPv4 is in use.so try to study it by working out problems

kakashi1973 Tue, 09/16/2008 - 16:23
User Badges:

No, I can tell you first hand that there are still subnetting questions or questions whose solution is dependent upon your ability to subnet.

shafistrokes Wed, 09/17/2008 - 10:15
User Badges:

i am preparing for CCNA. Subnetting is there in the exam topics published by cisco.

we can expect a remarkable number of questions based on subnetting on the test, i think.it is

covered prominently in the second edition of Wendell Odom's official exam certification guide published by cisco press

Actions

This Discussion