cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please assist me

jsheriony
Level 1
Level 1

we have a claim from the customer as below.

We are seeing packets over the cloud (like VoIP signalling traffic, which need to be transported as CS3) wrongly marked as CS0.

what shouuld be the command to check above at the PE router??and how could I fix it??

Thanks for your help

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of show policy-map interface serial x/x to check the counters which you can use to identify whether the packets in the particular class in which CS3 is classified increases or not.

regds

mr. kumar,

thank you for the attention.....

i did it, i just can't tell for sure which is CS3...

is it the portion whcih says mpls experimental 3, which means CS3???

thanks again

Mr. Kumar,

I got afeedback from our customer

Our WAN routers mark certain application traffic (eg. premium 2 class - with a predetermined DSCP/TOS byte). The PE routers are supposed to preserve and transport our DSCP markings thro' the cloud. But when these pakets reach the other PE site, these packets are remarked as best-effort (standard class). There may be an issue with your PE router configs (related to TOS byte - MPLS EXP bit mapping within your network).

how can I check or fix this if it is required

I apologize, I'm really not that technical..

thanks again

Hi

There are different kinda service flavors being offered and i m not sure in which category your customer falls into.

In general there are 2 types of service being offered by SP which is basically called as managed and unmanaged.

In managed services the SP will honour the customer markings and carry the markings throughout the SP cloud and deliver it at the other end.

But in case of unmanaged services SP resets the markings and carry it on their own markings.

First you need to find out whether they fall into any kinda service category.If not do check out your PE end config which is applied onto the ingress interface where the customer link is getting terminated.

Also you can ask about the supportings like the mechanism they are using to verify/check the same at their end to make sure the claim made by the customer is rite.

regds

Mr. Kumar

thanks again.

is there anyway I could check with the PE router is AF, or to possibly check if it

is not dropping the QOS markings to default.

and

If not do check out your PE end config which is applied onto the ingress interface where the customer link is getting terminated.

<--- what would be the command for this??

I really thank you for your help

Hi

You can check the same using show run.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: