Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting two 1841 using HWIC-3G-GSM

a_kalantari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear experts

I want to connect to locations using 1841 routers with HWIC-3G-GSM cards.

Is it possible I use this without connecting to GPRS and without using a profile and dierectly with AT commands?

How can I force one router to act in answer mode?

How can configure the other one to dial to second router (via its mobile number).

Thx in advance

Al

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the URL for the Configuring the 3G Wireless High-Speed WAN Interface Card for Cisco 1841, and 2800 and 3800 Series Routers (HWIC-3G-GSM) follow the configuration guide it will help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1800/1861/software/feature/guide/3ghwic.html

Dear Carlos,

Thx for help. Actually I read document many times and tested a lot but not useful to me.

I have two 1841 routers and would like to connect them directly via GSM not through GPRS.

I have configured my ROUTER1 as Dial on Demand as you may see its config in attachment. Its ok and dials out without any problem.

I have problem in my second router config (ROUTER2) . I have attached its config too.

As you can see in attachment file, modem parameters ar ok and S0=1 which means its in auto answer mode.

When I dial from Router1 to Router2 , Router2 dosent reply and so dial fails. But when in Router2 I connect to modem (with telnet 2.2.2.1 2018) and again dial from Router1 to Router2 , it hanhup and both modems connect to each other.

I just would like to know what is my foul in ROUTER2 configuration and if you have any suggestion for it.

Thx in advance,

Alireza Kalantari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card