cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace Enter your ID

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to replace the prompt 'enter your ID' with something like 'enter your 6 digit extension'?...cheers, Jeff

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I typically make a call handler for new deployments and assign it to the default. It will say something like "hello, you have reached the voicemail system for company xyz. To check your messages, please press the star key followed by your 6 digit mailbox id. Remember, your 6 digit ID is your site code and 4 digit extensions."

Once they get it, we will edit the message down, or leave it depending on the customer.

Hi!

You can change the wav files but be aware this is NOT TAC supported.

I believe the prompt you are looking for is:

C:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvSubSignIn\AvSubSignInENU001.wav

In that folder there's a prompt.ini text file that includes what prompt is on each file.

Note: Save the .wav files in a different folder so you do not lose them when

you make changes.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Tere, without searching the ini files how do you know which file is playing the prompt, port status monitor shows me the script i.e.subauthenticate.cd!getidfromuser. You are right the file is avsubsigninenu001.wav, I just want to know which tool will tell you the wav file being used?

no tool can tell you that, as you mentioned the port status monitor only shows the script and the script is the one that invokes the audio file. you would need to read a unity trace to find that out if you don't want to read the ini file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just record a new WAV file and copy over the avsubsigninenu001.wav. Keeping the same will not break the SQL links then.

Exactly, just record a new wav with the same name and the wav file will be invoked by the script.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Tim, where are you placing the new CH - I placed it in call routing direct calls and this did not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: