Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host Not found

We are using ccm4.1 around 2500 IP Phones are registered to this CCM, in few Ip Phones Corporate directory and services is not showing, at this time i will get error message "HOS NOT FOUND) These all the Ip Phones are registered to one Server...

8 Replies 8

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Had this problem randomly and not too sure why it happens but the work around was to make a change in the phones profile... (add a letter to the description or somethinig) save it, reset it and then change it back, save it and reset the phone again and the phone would be rid of the dreaded "host not found"

Hey, We have created 2 ccm group here, When registered the IP Phone to different C Cm its working perfectly, We are getting prob only in one CCM.

How are the groups defined?

Ensure the Publisher is there in the group which is not working (assuming you are on the same cluster with different groups).

The reason being you can mention only one URL in the enterprise parameter per cluster.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Are the phones remote?

Connected to a particular switch?

Any FW, TCP inspects between IP Phones and CUCM?

Which Phone model and firwmare?

Using IP address instead of hostname for URL?

No remote

Its in the multipule switches

phone model is 7940/7960 FW:P00308000400

URL is working fine

Try this, from IP Phone Service Configuration click on "Update Subscription". Well at least, it solved my problem with Host Not Found.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sajish,

Take a look at the Directory URL in the CCM config and make sure that it is set as the CCM publisher IP address not CCM Publisher Name (DNS issue).

Directory URL can be found @

Enterprise Parameters Configuration>Phone URL Parameters>URL Directories >http://x.x.x.x/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

this URL is correct one only, i am suspecting we have to do something with Sql database, I think publisher and subscriber is not replicating SQL database...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: