cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebAuth and URL-Redirect via AAA Override

vanwilt
Level 1
Level 1

I have 802.1x and WPA/WPA2 SSIDs, AAA override enabled. Doing VLAN assignment and URL-redirect via splash page seem to work very well.

However, I'd like to do a URL-redirect on our open SSID (again, AAA override enabled) that is using the Web Authentication captive portal. I've configured my test user the same way I did with the 802.1x SSID but the URL-redirect does not override the URL the user originally tried to before heading into the captive portal.

I'm guessing this may work ONLY with 802.1x/WPA and the conditional redirect or splash pages and probably won't work with the WebAuth...

Am I missing something?

E.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using the WebAuth page on the WLC and URL redirect only works on the ssid configured for 802.1x and not for the ope ssid? Just trying to understand your question better. Also what code are you running.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You've understood correctly. We're using custom WebAuth on the WLCs. URL redirect works on the 802.1x ssid (configured for Conditional Redirect) but not on the open SSID configured for WebAuth. The WLCs use 5.1.151.0.

Are you specifying the webauth page on the security tab or on the wlan ssid? the redirect should work for both especially if it is set on the security tab section of the wlc. You can always add a redirect on the html page if you want to give that a shot.

Place the following HTML redirect code between the and tags of your HTML code.

http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html">

The above HTML redirect code will redirect your visitors to another web page instantly. The content="0; may be changed to the number of seconds you want the browser to wait before redirecting.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm specifying the login page on the WLAN/SSID/Layer 3 tab.

Putting a redirect in the HTML headers is not an option because this needs to be done on a per-user basis, not on a global basis. For example, a user would be redirected if their account has expired or if some malicious activity had been detected from their account.

This has been tested using my own custom web auth and the internal default auth pages with the same results. I've analyzed the login from the browser perspective using tools such as WebScarab and the URL I want to redirect to is nowhere to be found.

E

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card