cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5 and Crystal Reports

EdwardHanna
Level 1
Level 1

I have searched everywhere I know and have not been able to find an answer to my question. Maybe you guys can help me out. I am trying to access the call manager datbase using Crystal Reports 9. My best guess at this point is I need to set up an OBDC. If this is an Informix ODBC Driver, then I can figure out Host name and Server name, but I need help with Service name and Protocol type.

2 Replies 2

sheepate
Level 1
Level 1

Using AXL is the recommended way to access CCM database and to best of my knowledge the only way. I am not sure if you can connect using ODBC.

Here is a link to the developer guide for AXL access to CCM DB.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/devguide/5_0_4/ccmdvCh1.html

hth.

Thanks for the info.

I rather not get into that much detailed programming,so I took an easier (at least for me) approach.

Using the CDR Analysis and Reporting screen I exported the database to a CSV file. I then imported the files to an Access database which I later reported using Crystal Reports.

As it turns out this may be beneificial, in it allows me to retain historical data on a remote server. I also will not impact the callmanager when I am maniputing and producing reports.

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: