cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960G not saving terminal length or width

thunt
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever I log into any of my switches (using telnet) and do a 'show run' the entire output is dumped to the screen with no pauses. I use the commands 'term len 24' and 'term wid 80' and then 'wr' to set the page size. It works perfectly for that session. If I disconnect and log back in the settings are gone and all output is dumped to the sreen again with no pauses. What am I doing wrong?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

The 'term len' command you are using is not a global config command so won't be saved to your configuration.

First do a show run and see what you have configured under the 'line vty 0 x' If someone has configured 'length' or 'width' under it then this is your problem.

Otherwise just try manually changing it yourself with the commands below

line vty 0 4

length 24

width 80

Simon

View solution in original post

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Terry,

The reason that is happening is because the terminal session and width are only good for the current session. To permanently set these parameters you can configure these under line vty.

line vty 0 4

length 24

width 80

HTH,

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

The 'term len' command you are using is not a global config command so won't be saved to your configuration.

First do a show run and see what you have configured under the 'line vty 0 x' If someone has configured 'length' or 'width' under it then this is your problem.

Otherwise just try manually changing it yourself with the commands below

line vty 0 4

length 24

width 80

Simon

Thank you very much!

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Terry,

The reason that is happening is because the terminal session and width are only good for the current session. To permanently set these parameters you can configure these under line vty.

line vty 0 4

length 24

width 80

HTH,

Mark

Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card