Communications Manager 6.1.2 Calls failing from corporate directory

Unanswered Question
Sep 4th, 2008

We currently have Callmanager 6.1.2 configured to synch users from AD - LDAP. When users go into the Corporate Directory on their phones to do a search the number returned is the 10 digit number that is set in AD. I have a translation to strip the first 6 digits off. The issue is that the number is returned from the search with the " - " character in between the area code and prefix. Example - the number returned from the search would look like 801-555-1234 when I press dial the call fails with an error " your call cannot be completed as dialed..." If I press 'editDial' and remove only the dash - from the number then it works fine. The only model of phone that seems to not choke on the dash - character is the 7921 wireless phones. I can have them go into AD and modify the number from 801-555-1234 to 8015551234 but wanted to see if anyone had run into this issue???

Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Fri, 09/05/2008 - 22:51

Hi,

As 'hyphen' can be used as one of the route pattern to route the calls, the

CCM just can't ignore the hyphens.

DigitAnalisys with the X value will still use the hyphen. I assume what is happening is that CUCM when getting the digits is not able to find a pattern in the DA forest, hence call fail.

In web page hyphen is not allowed as valid character.

Since dialedDigits is declared as an string variable and per my understanding the only way from modifying is the Pattern field from Webpage rules and X may be our only workaround.

Could you please try to add a test Route Pattern for 801-555-1234?

801X555X1234

And see what behaviour we get now?

I though about application dial rules but hyphen is also used for range

We only have "Insert Hyphens in 12-Digit Numbers" service parameter but this one looks only for display

Let us know the results, this is a good one

I want to know basically how CUCM sends the digits to PSTN, if it includes the - or not.

If you can upload CCM SDI and SDL traces will be aswesome

For IOS Gateways I found this reference just for the record.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a00803

25e8e.shtml

You need to use a \+

something like (just a guess)

rule 1 /.+/ /\+.+/

Notes on special characters:

a.. The hyphen character is used to indicate a range in a match pattern, for example

[0-9]. In order to indicate in this rule that you want to match on the hypen character, it

is necessary to use the '\' character to escape its meaning. This is because the hyphen

character is a special character. The '\-' characters really means hyphen. The trailing

'\' indicates that the number is sliced here.

Thanks!

craiglcve Sat, 09/06/2008 - 07:06

Thanks for the information, that is a good idea! Ill play around with the translation patterns on Monday and let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks again!!

Craig

Actions

This Discussion