Call Manager 4 ( Health Check) and backup

Unanswered Question
Sep 4th, 2008
User Badges:

hi all,

i want to check the call manager 4 has no issue and running fine without alarm and errors, how i can do this?

2nd thing i want to backup the call manager 4 , how 2 do this ?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
t-alkhalidi Thu, 09/04/2008 - 12:45
User Badges:

also how do i back up unity voice mail? how do i backup configurations , messages , greeting and annoucments.

Jaime Valencia Thu, 09/04/2008 - 13:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

simple, check the application log. any error will show up in there. check also the system log and ask around, cucm logs most errors but just in case ask to users

how to backup CUCM??

use BARS, it's the only supported tool

How to backup unity??

easiest way would be to use DIRT backup, if you have Veritas you might also use it, maybe eXmerge for the mailboxes

DIRT is easy to use and saves what you mentioned, the limitation is only 200 mailboxes can be saved, if more than that use DIRT for unity config and eXmerge for mailboxes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

t-alkhalidi Fri, 09/05/2008 - 13:49
User Badges:

well can u give me link to download the software and documents required i dont know at all eXmerge and DIRT tool. by the way how also to check the status of unity and its running fine? is these tool when runned service effective?

Jaime Valencia Fri, 09/05/2008 - 14:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

i'll give you the links, but please be more proactive than just asking for them, try searching on CCO

DIRT is already on your unity server, look into unity , help is also there

BARS is here

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

for eXmerge look into google as it's a MS tool

same thing for unity health check, look at the app log, all unity services log there any errors or warning

tools can be used when server is running, though the recommendation is always to do all of this after-hours

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

t-alkhalidi Mon, 09/08/2008 - 13:00
User Badges:

the EXmerge tool , should be excuted on the unity or exchange server?

Actions

This Discussion