Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Route

J2NoomSai_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Masters

Please advise my problem. I have branch office that will have PTP with 2xT1 and VPN through DIA. We want PTP to be the main path to our HQ and VPN as a backup. I attached diagram and please advise how to setup failover if PTP fail that the traffic will go through VPN. I believe we have to setup on 3750 L3 switch. NOt sure. BTW, we use EIGRP.

Thanks

Sai

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u have two options

first increase the delay number on the interface of the router u wanted to act as back up

or creat a dont include the network between the main offie router or L3 switch and tha back up router

and creat a static route to the remote network trhough the back up router with higer metwric it should be more than 90

good luck

if helpful Rate

Thanks Mar. We use public IP on VPN edge router and also outisde Interface of PIX. We been using relay and HSRP for failover. But with PIX, is anything to do with it? Since VPN router both outside and Inside interface are using public IP.

Thanks

Sai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card