There is no guide or one that I know of specifically for configuring the PIMG Analog box for MCI integration with a NEC NEAX 2400 IPX pbx.
I have been following a general guide on 'Setting Up a Serial (SMDI, MCI, or MD-110) PIMG Integration with Cisco Unity but it is unclear in a few areas and I was wondering if anyone could help answer my questions.
Within the section 'Setting Up the Analog PIMG Units for a Serial Integration' are where my first questions come up.
1) In the 'Serial Protocol' menu on the PIMG, there is a field to configure Logical Extension Number. It says for MCI, enter the extension number for each port on the PIMG unit.
- Is this the same extension number that will be on the port in the PBX and on the Unity side or a totally separate, unique extension?
Then, on the Gateway menu on the Gateway Advanced tab comes another question.
2) There is a field asking for Hunt Group Extension and the description says to Enter the pilot number of the Cisco Unity voice messaging ports.
- Is this the pilot number that groups the ports on the PBX? There is no hunt group extension on the Unity server.
A little later on, it says to go to the Tones configuration menu on the PIMG. There appears to be several tones that we have to define: Dialtone event, Busy Tone event, Error/Reorder Tone event, and Ringback Tone event.
3) It asks to perform different call scenarios with phones, I assume phones connected to the PBX, so these Tones can be detected.
- If we are using 4 PIMGs with one being a master PIMG, do we want to plug 1 in at a time and run through the call scenarios or can they all be plugged into the PBX while this is going on?
I would appreciate any help, especially if you had experience with this same scenario. Again, I have not found any guides that really match the equipment I am using.