Views
Helpful
Replies

redundant network port on unified CCM 5.1 server

alanc3141592654
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

How does one configure the 2nd network card of Cisco call manager 5.1 server?

I'm wanting to set up a redundant link to a redundant switch, But I couldn't see anywhere in the CallManager Operating system to configure the 2nd Ethernet port on the ccm server.

On the cisco doco “Cisco Unified CallManager Operating System Administration Guide, Release 5.1(1)”

I read the below.

Ethernet Settings

The IP Settings window indicates whether Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is active and also provides the related Ethernet IP addresses, as well as the IP address for the network gateway.

All Ethernet settings apply only to Eth0. You cannot configure any settings for Eth1. The Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) on Eth0 defaults to 1500.

So, according to Cisco doc this network card Eth1 can't be configured, has anybody had any experience with setting up redundant links to a CCM server? Or is this something that is not normally done as there is a subscriber?

Many Thanks :)

A

2 Replies 2

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

You can enable the 2nd ethernet port for fault tolerance via command line access, not from the webpage. Log into the console and enter "set network failover enable"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/5_1_1/iptpappa.html#wp1023799

I have done this on every 5.x and 6.x deployment and it works great. This command sets the second port to activate when the first port fails. In testing I would only loose one or two ping responses while failure between ports occured.

please rate posts.

Thanks mate, I'm surprised cisco does not have this accessible from the web page.

I will have to set up a test environment i think.

Thanks again :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: