cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Install Java 1.5_13 Dialog Box" While Opening Topology Services

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

When opening Visualization/Topology services in LMS I keep getting a readme.txt that tells me to install java 1.5_13. Since I don't have _13 I've installed 6. I get the same error. How do I correct without installing _13?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't. Your version of LMS requires 1.5.0_13. You must uninstall Java 1.6, then install 1.5.0_13 from the LMS server. If you upgrade to LMS 3.1, you cab use Java 6_5.

I just found out my admin installed 1.5_13 and I have the same problem?

Try this. Download NMSROOT/htdocs/plugin/jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe from the server to the client. Uninstall ALL Java VMs from the client. Install the JVM from the server as a local Administrator on the client. Restart all browser instances. You should be able to launch Topology Services after that.

Is there an issue with IE7 and opening up Topology Services? I'm using LMS 3.1 and have installed jre-6u5-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe using the steps you've outlined above (no other Jave versions are running on the server or the client). However, when I click the Topology Services link I get the Java splash window for a bit and then nothing happens. Now, when I try to launch Topology Services from another box using IE6, everything works fine. Do you have any suggestions on a fix?

Please start a new thread for this issue.

I moved to a different PC so I've not followed up. However, someone said they saw the problem fixed by removing all old Java entries from the registry. I"m curious to see what that brings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: