cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softkey: Exit problem in 79x1 and 7970 models

xevet
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco IP Phone objects to display information on the phone. In order to clear the information, I call Softkey URI “Softkey:Exit” and it clears the information on 7940 and 7960. However, the same URI is not working on 7941, 7961 and 7970.

The returned error is “URI not found” with “Status=6”.

XML Request to CUCM:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem URL="SoftKey:Exit"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

Response from CUCM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>

- <CiscoIPPhoneResponse>

<ResponseItem URL="SoftKey:Exit" Data="URI not found" Status="6" />

</CiscoIPPhoneResponse>

Does anybody know what could be the possible cause?

Thanks in advance.

Junaid

3 Replies 3

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I have been able to use Exit soft key on 7961 and 7970. It could have been a bug in the specific firmware you are using. Try to upgrade or downgrade firmware.

How about Init:Services or App:close if you want to clear the screen?

Note that SoftKey:Exit is context sensitive.. it cannot be used in every state (refer to the documentation for details) and it also depends on the application history and page expiration headers (so that's why many around here consider the Exit softkey to be voodoo magic like).. e.g. if you have an immediate expiry, exit will close the screen, if you have a non expired page in the cache (previously visited page) then exit will return to that page.

tnooning
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same issue trying to send an 'Key:Exit' in certain situations. I got around it by sending 'Key:Soft3' (or wherever the key shows up on the screen).