cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Company Design 6.1 Cluster (Single or Separate)

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I know that everyone has a different opinion on how things should be done.

I am open to hearing what others have done and reasons why we should do a certain set-up or a better approach.

Currently we have CUCM 6.1 running on 7845 H2 servers. Currently we only have a Publisher and Subscriber. We also only have about 100 users at this time configured.

Company overview:

2 Corporate Offices

-Location one 400 Users

-Location two 100 Users

80 Stores

-Ranging from 5 to 10 Users

4 Warehouses

-Location one 100 Users

-Location two 20 Users

-Location three 15 Users

-Location four 13 Users

International Sites

-Currently 2 locations in Mexico

--Location 1 50 Users

--Location 2 100 Users

Manufacturing Sites

-Approximately 300 Users

The design approach "WAS" Separate clusters for each entity.

1. Retail, which would cover Stores and Warehouses

2. Corporate Office One

3. Corporate Office Two

4. Manufacturing

5. International

I am not 100% sold on doing this. My thought was have 2 Clusters, one in each Corporate Office and build sites off of those. Each cluster can handle upto 30,000 phones so why not? Unless there is another reason not too.

I believe we have money allocated for 3 total cluster.

Is this the best approach?

Right now we only deliver dial-tone and want to add features.

Need mobile user access

Need extension mobility*

Need Conference Calling

Need Contact Center*

*I understand that these are separate servers already.

Money is not an issue at this point, it is more of a best approach issue, what is the best?

Thanks,

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the international locations are only in Mexico I would go with a single cluster for all sites, unless there is a policitcal reason not to.

Another driver would be the contact center, how many agents do you envision as that can drive the totoal supported phones down to 2000 phones with UCCE 7.2 and below or 4000 with UCCE 7.5 according to latest marketing slides. So if you envision significant contact cetner I would split the environment into 2 clusters.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

Also looking for good CDR Tool to add as well.

ISI has worked well for a lot of my customers.

Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the international locations are only in Mexico I would go with a single cluster for all sites, unless there is a policitcal reason not to.

Another driver would be the contact center, how many agents do you envision as that can drive the totoal supported phones down to 2000 phones with UCCE 7.2 and below or 4000 with UCCE 7.5 according to latest marketing slides. So if you envision significant contact cetner I would split the environment into 2 clusters.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Agents might be a little tricky to know at this point. Without saying too much,we will have probably 50 agents in one location and 20 in one other and no more than 10 in 3 other locations.

So we are looking at around 100 agents total, but that could grow to 200 agents.

I think no matter what we do we will have two clusters. One in Monroe Mi and the other in High Point NC, other corporate office. They have their own Unity and IPCC.

Is 7.x out already?

300 agents is not a big deal, with IPCC you can have distributed agents anywhere.

CM 7 is due out late September.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: