cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP down detection

cef2lion2
Level 1
Level 1

I posted this to another forum but didn't get an answer. We are using WCS with our WLCs. The other day an AP1131 went down in a building. I happened to notice it missing from the inventory on the WLC. Is there any means to generate an alarm in the WLC and or WCS to let you know an AP dropped off.

Craig

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a MIB that WCS can triiger an alert when a trusted ap is missing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.0/configuration/guide/wcsevent.html#wp1163997

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

tumbulina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm encountering the same problem.

We replaced one of ours AP but the WCS keeps having an alarm for the old AP : " AP YYY disassociated from Controller ".

We tried rebooting the WCS but the alarm still exists.

I don't know how can we delete this alarm message.

Thanks.

Maria

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

The WCS let you know if an trusted AP is gone. It's shown in the dashboard. If an AP goes down and the SNMP-Trap settings at the controllers are correct, the controller sends out a trap. Send this trap to your default alarming suite (HP-OpenView, Spectrum, Nagios ...) and everything should be ok.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer but I'm not sure I fully understood. What I was thinking is that maybe if we remove the AP from the WCS database this might solve the problem.

Am I wrong ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: