Views
Helpful
Replies

how to guaranty bdwidth on 3750

a.diot
Level 1
Level 1

hi all ,

is it possible to guarantee a min bandwidth for some flows on 3750 if there is no congestion on the link ?

i mean , my customer is rate limited to 40MB by provider (for all traffic),the 3750 uplink to provider is a giga port

he would like to guarantee min 10 mb (not max)to a network and min 5 mb (not max)to another ( on output direction) uplink port.

At max there will be 40MB and no congestion on uplink port,in such case does cmde srr-queue bandwidth share a b c d apply ?

2nd ) do a b c d are percent of bandwidth cmde under interf or speed link ?

if i use the following conf

int gi x/y

speed 100 (limit speed link to 100M)

bandwidth 40000

srr-queue bandwidth limit 40 (40Mb max)

srr-queue bandwidth share 2 1 2 5

will i have 8MB queue 1 and 4Mb q2 guaranty but not limited to ?

thanks for help

2 Replies 2

simontibbitts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Yes, that makes sense. The command 'srr-queue bandwidth limit' will actually limit your port to 40% tho, hope that's what you want?

The 'srr-queue bandwidth share' command will guarantee that bandwidth but not limit it to it. (the command 'srr-queue bandwidth shape' is the one that does that)

Simon

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the port is running at gig, then you'll need to limit to 4%; 40% for running at 100 Mbps. (I also recall, the 3750 limits are not precise, you may need to first experiment to find what % values allows the fastest rate without exceeding your 40 Mbps.)

I haven't worked the number for your share command, but depending on number of queues, you'll need to insure queue ratios provide for the 5 and 10 Mbps you want to reserve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card