cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCx Outbound recorded message

b.eman
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a script where someone can leave a recorded message and then the caller is disconnected. The script then continues to out dial several pre-defined users. Once the user answers the phone the original recorded message is played.

This works fine with no issues except if the call is sent to voicemail when no user answers I have no way of delaying the recorded message until I hear the "tone". I would like to make sure the message gets placed in voicemail. Is there any way that I can do something like an Explicit Confirmation before I play the message? I would like to have the voicemail "tone" or any DTMF kick off the pre-recorded message. That way I could say press “1” to hear the message, if someone answers, or if the call goes to VM the “tone” kicks the recording off.

Seems like there should be a way to do this. I know that a lot of the political campaign recordings I receive at my home have this ability.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

The UCC Enterprise Outbound Dialer has the ability to detect answering machine tones, but UCCX does not. The common way to deal with this without purchasing an advanced dialer is to simply replay the message two or more times. This ensures that the complete message is recorded on the user's voice mail at some point.

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using IPCC enterprise or IPCCX?

Are you able to advise for IPCCX 5.0 :-

1)How do you play the recorded message to the called party?What function you use.

2)the predefined users you are icking is from XML file or DB, are you able to dial the calls parallely or dialing only sequentially?

Thanks

BCOLE2007
Level 1
Level 1

As far as the recored message, I am curious how you handle the DTMF beep from an external call, such as produced by a pound?

Are you able to remove the beep or do you play that to your pre-defined users?

thanks in advance

Blair

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using place call to callout and then play the prompt in the successful branch of the "place call" function.

To play prompt what is the function you use?

Is it possible to play a pre-recorded message instead of a recorded message recorded by the caller?

thanks

"Play Prompt" is the step

Yes, the Prompt field indicates the Variable or expression indicating which prompt is to be played.

Blair

Please rate all useful posts.