Views
Helpful
Replies

BaseLine template in CiscoWorks

christianpho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I have some difficulties with baselines template in CiscoWorks RME Version 4.1.1

1° in the online help I see it is possible to use [#.*] syntax to specify one genric word. This is great if I have :

snmp-server location (one_word)

but if I want :

snmp-server location More than one word

each time test failed:

I used syntax :

[# snmp-server location .#]

To specify more than one word after "snmp-server location" but each time the test failed

2° I would like to use baseline template to standardize our loggin banner.

your banner must be :

++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++ ++++ ++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++

+ Private Network +

+ bla bla bla +

++++++++++++++++++++++

How can I specify carriange return line and feed when I type login banner S "Banner" S

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should not be using ^C as the delimiter. Instead, use the single character '"'. For example:

+ banner login "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++ ++++++++ ++++++++++++

++++++++++ +++++ +++++++++++

+++++++++ +++ ++++++++++

+ this is like our banner +

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to match a command which may contain a variable length of words, you need to use the whole line regexp. So, to make sure a device has an SNMP location configured, you would use:

+ [#snmp-server location .*#]

In order to support multi-line commands in baseline templates, you need to separate lines with "". For example:

+ banner motd "Thisisamulti-linebanner."

Would match the following MOTD banner:

This

is

a

multi-line

banner.

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your help I try for my banner and it's work perfectly (with all needed spaces caracters)..... To deploy and stadartized. I has used the check box "Check compliance and deploy" to my tested device. But I I run a second compliance test with the same device the compliance check failed for banner.... and command to deploy is my banner but with a lot of space caracter in less. Should I use some other special caracter when I need more then one space caracters inlines ?

About the snmp-server location it was I had understand but I don't know why when I was try it last week each test failed when I had use morte than 1 word.... this morning I had copy/paste your sentence everything works perfectly.... I don't know why exactly...

How did you deploy the banner the first time? what protocol was used?

Most of our banner was paste in initial configuration through console port.

But after you gave me the hint for the new line, I had setup a login banner on one test device where no banner was configured. I was push this banner by using baseline template Check and deploy option....

Because the test switch is a 2960, our organisation standart specify to use telnet to access all of our device (is it true also for CiscoWorks software) but we have also some old device not capable ssh which we are use telnet to acces them.

Please post the XML export of the baseline template which failed the compliance check.

Hi !

in the Zip file I have include thoses files:

"banner push en to switch.txt" --> This the Banner I had push to switch by using the template copy in file : "baselinetemplate banner.txt", I also have had the "Job detail - Work order push banner.htm" which is the job detail when I have use baseline template to push my banner on my test switch. The last file "Baseline Compliance Report Check compliance banner failed.htm" is the failed compliance issue I would like to resolved....

Because of special security consideration, I can't provide identity about the organisation I working to, for this purpose I create a special dummy banner is look like which one we are using....

You should not be using ^C as the delimiter. Instead, use the single character '"'. For example:

+ banner login "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++ ++++++++ ++++++++++++

++++++++++ +++++ +++++++++++

+++++++++ +++ ++++++++++

+ this is like our banner +

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

Hi !

sorry for the delay,

I try changing ^C caracter by " as delimiter and now evrything is working well about this in our templates

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: