ccna resource help please.

Unanswered Question

I just wrote the CCNA exam today and I am in need of a resource that will give me the edge I need for a pass and of course the best understanding of routers and switches.So far I have used multiple resources.Cisco press books from mcQuerry and Odom. Odoms books were excellent but just short of the mark. I need a simulator type product which is fully functional and easy to use like the Boson simulators found in wendells exams. If those simulators had been a little more extensive I probably would not be writing this now. There was no debug support. I also could use a test simulator as close to the CCNA exam as possible. I would appreciate any help to get me from 79.8% to 100%. I have put a lot of time into this and I would like to finish on the next write.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
arcolino11 Fri, 09/05/2008 - 12:31

have you tried gns3, I used it at my friends house who is a cisco engineer, the software use the various cisco router and switchs ios. u get a telnet session going and interface with the router just like the real thing, and the commands work depending on the version of the ios u are using. download it and check it out, it has a how to pdf on how to set it up. i am thinking of trying the boson labs on it put it to the test. it also has software that u can install for workstation sims. as far as practice exams I heard transenders is good. check around your area for ccna meetup groups, I have one in my area. also I've heard you can retake the test once u fail for free call and varify that. at the end of the exam it should tell you your weak/strongs areas

This Discussion