Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT insertion of lines w/ voicemail checked

I have to insert a bunch of 7960 phones into CCM 6 where some of the lines need to go to VM and others not.

The BAT Excel doc doesn't have the voicemail checkbox option. Would putting in the VM Pilot # in the destination field accomplish the same thing?

Or would this need to be edited manually after insertion?

6 Replies 6

mhansen
Level 4
Level 4

you just need to create 2 line templates (1 with the VM checkbox and 1 without) as well as 2 phone templates (one with each line template assigned. Then upload 2 CSV files, 1 with the phones that need vm and one without. run the jobs against their respective template.

I normally would, however, in this case there are too many combinations of forward to VM, fwd to DN, and do nothing. I would wind up with probably 50 templates for the 250 phone I need to import.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

This idea should work perfectly. Set the Template for the Forwarding that most of the phones will use. Then set the values for the other phones in the .csv as you suggested (this can be the VM Pilot # if you wish). The settings that are entered directly in the .csv will override the Template config. Here is a similar example;

Overriding Template Values Example

If you want most of the phones in the bulk transaction to be redirected to a

voice-messaging system, you can set the Call Forward Busy (CFB) and Call

Forward No Answer (CFNA) fields to the voice-messaging number. However, if

a few phones in the bulk transaction need to be redirected to a secretary instead

of to a voice messaging system, you can specify the secretary's directory number

in the Call CFB and CFNA fields in the CSV data file. Most of the phones will

use the CFB and CFNA values from the BAT phone template, but certain phones

will use the secretary's directory number as specified in the CSV data file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/5_0_1_cucm401/bat_ovr.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

vivian.le
Level 1
Level 1

In case anyone is still interested...

It is actually possible to BAT this field.  The attribute to have the vm box checked is "Forward Busy Internal Voice Mail 1" and "Forward Busy External Voice Mail 1" and so on and so forth for No Answer and the rest.  Marking the field "t" will check the box.  My template started with all of the boxes unchecked so my rows either contained the letter "t" or was blank.  But an important key was that in order to have it import correctly, the MAC address field must begin with SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.

You'll find that if you attempt to validate the file, it will fail, but if you proceed with inserting phones with specific fields, it will import successfully.

Hi - I had this working in CUCM v6.1.3, I have upgrade to v7.1.5 and now import fails with an error stating the 'Forward xxxx Voice Mail 1' is not a supported field.

Also to note - if I do a BAT export of all details, these fields still exist, I am trying to do the import using the specific details options.

Any ideas anyone?

MRCobb
Level 4
Level 4

I have also found this to be a pain when importing phones.  Having been through this a couple of times in large cutovers, I started buildout out phones into two different partitions.  Once is called BAT and the other BAT-VM which do not belong to any CSS (Allows for the build of the phones without making them live)  Once the phones are imported I run an update lines job to change the lines that are in the BAT-VM partition to have a VM profile as well as the check boxes checked off.  When I decide that the phones are ready for production, I then run another job to change the partition to whatever partition the DNs are in for production.

I know that this post is old but I was trying to find a way to import voicemail profiles and check boxes and could not find anything that seemed to makie life easy.  This is my workaround.  I hope this is found useful.....

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: