New ASA exam books

Answered Question
Sep 5th, 2008

Does anyone know when Cisco Press is going to release exam books for the new ASA core exams for the CCSP? The exams were made available 8/29/08 but I can't find any material on them.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jcrussell about 8 years 2 months ago

Cisco Press never releases new books exactly when the new tests are available. It takes time to update the material, time to proofread, etc. It usually takes a month or two before new books are released.

Beyond that, the content on the security exams changes quite often, and I have read rumors that there aren't going to be books published specifically for the tests. They will however release "quick reference sheets" to help people study.

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jcrussell Sat, 09/06/2008 - 05:20

Cisco Press never releases new books exactly when the new tests are available. It takes time to update the material, time to proofread, etc. It usually takes a month or two before new books are released.

Beyond that, the content on the security exams changes quite often, and I have read rumors that there aren't going to be books published specifically for the tests. They will however release "quick reference sheets" to help people study.

jcrussell Thu, 09/11/2008 - 04:44

Well, the quick reference sheets for this exam probably haven't been released yet. Again, it takes time before new material can be released specifically for the exams. Be patient.

Actions

This Discussion