Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging in CME (SCCP)

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configured my CME to have paging feature.But i couldnt make it function. All the speaker phone lights are showing when i dial the paging number, But there is no voice coming out...

I didnt it in the same way as mentioned in the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepage.html

Please let me know is there any thing which i need to add along with this

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to ensure multicast traffic is enabled and working on your network.

Chris

adventurer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Did you manage to find the cause of the problem ? I'm also looking at the same problem, phone lights up but no voice. Phones are on the same VLAN so i don't think it's a multicast issue.

Regards.

Even if it's on the same VLAN you need to make sure multicast is enabled on your network.

Chris

Hi, Just to eliminate the switch from the list of problem areas, I have tested the multicast functions of the switch. I put 2 PCs on the voice VLAN and installed a multicast testing software on them. They talk ok.

Regards.

I have fixed it. Turns out to be a multicast problem as the CME is on another VLAN and i didn't expect the paging traffic to originate from the CME IP address. (I was expecting the traffic to be from 1 phone to the other phone, thus on the same VLAN)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: