Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM install on non MCS HP DL380 G5

I am looking to buy a HP DL380 G5 for use as a CUCM server (we are currently 4.1.3 soon to upgrade to 6.x). Looking at www.cisco.com/go/swonly the only model supported is the 5140 processor version. The suppliers we use are unable to get that model as it has been discontinued.

Is there another HP DL380 G5 that is supported or does this mean we can not add any more servers to our cluster. MCS servers are not an option for us.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Stephen,

The HP DL380 G5 is shown as supported for CCM 6.x versions in this great doc so you should be good to go;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Server Support Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

But only the 2.33GHz processor (5140) is supported and they are no longer available.

Hi Stephen,

Sorry about that, I din't realise that this box was the 5140 :( It's more than likely that the newer (more powerful) HP server will be supported as well and the Cisco docs are not quite up to date. I haven't seen an update on these for a few months at least.

I would contact both HP Support and Cisco TAC to verify before purchasing just to be safe.

Hope this helps!

Rob

You always have to be careful about the OEM servers as Cisco may fall behind and the new server spechs will not work on current software levels as you are describing. If you cannot get the exact specs as listed in the document the install will always fail and you have couple of choices: either get the exact server spechs from HP or get the MCS servers from Cisco.

Chris

I am working hard on trying to find a server but not having much luck. There was a (one) refurbished server available a few weeks ago but that was all that was available.