Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Accessing 3640

newnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

In an attempt to console to one of my 3640 from an access server, i received the following error message.

Access-Server#r3

Trying r3 (201.201.1.1, 2003)... Open

Router3>en

% No password set

Router3>

For this reason i was unable to connect to the device, does that mean i have to do a password recovery or the is a software related problem?, because i don't have password configured of the device.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First a minor point: you say "For this reason i was unable to connect to the device" but you did, in fact, connect to the device. The prompt "Router3>" shows that you are connected to the device in user mode. What you are not able to do is to get into enable mode.

Then the more important point: is it possible that the cable from the access server is connected to the Aux port of the 3640 instead of the console port? The error message of "no password set" makes sense if you are on the Aux and does not make sense if you are on the console. If you are on the Aux then move the cable to the console port and you should be able to access enable mode. (and then you should be sure to configure an enable password)

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Helli Rick,

many thanks for the prompt response as usual and specifically for the correct of my technical grammar "not connected".

The issue has been resolved i mistakenly connected the device to Aux instead of console as mentioned.

Furthermore, may ask as to why sometimes "CTRL+SHFT+6 and then X" doesn't take one back to the Access server?.

Thanks for the help once again.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card