Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ATA 186 for TFTP

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

My ATA has a SCCP firmware on it and I need to install the H323 firmware. I can't seem to find documentation on what the H323 firmware name should be. Also, I'm assuming that once I know this and that the firmware is the in CM tftp directory that all I will have to do is specify the name of that firware on the ATA device under "Phone Load Name" and save and restart, correct?

-Shikamaru

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Buddy,

Make sure that you are logged in. Here is the "tree" linked via Support> Software Downloads :)

Software Downloads> Voice Software> To access Voice Software downloads, click here.>Ip Telephony> IP Phones> Cisco ATA 180 Series Analog Telephone Adaptors> Cisco ATA 186 Analog Telephone Adaptor> ATA v.3> Expand to show all versions

Hope this helps Shikamaru!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shikamaru,

Hope all is well with you! You will have to stick with SCCP or move to SIP :)

End-of-Support for Cisco H.323 SW on Cisco ATA 186 and ATA 188 Phone Adaptors

Cisco Systems® announces the end-of-support dates for the Cisco® H.323 software image on the Cisco ATA 186 and ATA 188 analog telephone adaptors. The last day to download the affected software is April 1, 2007. Customers with active service contracts will continue to receive support from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) until April 1, 2009.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd803377dd_ps514_Products_End-of-Life_Notice.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

I would, but my training lab requires me to configure the ATA for H323 so that it can talk to a gatekeeper. Any ideas?

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

I had a little deeper look here and lo and behold there still is a H.323 version available for download. Look along this path via Software Downloads :)

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco ATA 186 Analog Telephone Adaptor > Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) Software > 3.0(0) > ata_3_0_0_h323_031210a_1.zip

This probably won't paste properly :)

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=3.0(0)&mdfid=269214024&sftType=Analog+Telephone+Adaptor+%28ATA%29+Software&optPlat=&nodecount=14&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+ATA+186+Analog+Telephone+Adaptor&treeMdfId=278875240&modifmdfid=null&imname=&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&hybrid=null&imst=null

I have never done this upgrade but the steps are detailed here;

Configuring the Cisco ATA for H.323

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/186_188/3_0/english/administration/guide/h323/h3288CH3.html

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Thanks so much, Rob. You wouldn't happen to have time to tell me how you came about the file? I tried looking for it, but had trouble. Did you just do a basic search?

-Shikamaruna

Hey Buddy,

Make sure that you are logged in. Here is the "tree" linked via Support> Software Downloads :)

Software Downloads> Voice Software> To access Voice Software downloads, click here.>Ip Telephony> IP Phones> Cisco ATA 180 Series Analog Telephone Adaptors> Cisco ATA 186 Analog Telephone Adaptor> ATA v.3> Expand to show all versions

Hope this helps Shikamaru!

Rob

Thanks, Rob. Much obliged as always.

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: