cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Must repeatedly re-authenticate with CCA in linux

tnunamak212
Level 1
Level 1

One problem I've had randomly come and go over the past two years occurs when I'm using Ubuntu Linux on my university's network. I log in through a web browser, and at some point between the next 20-30 seconds or so, I am redirected to the log-in screen and must re-authenticate. I can not find any explanation for why this happens or how to authenticate properly again, and this is the last resource at my disposal for solving this problem. Does anyone have a hint of what could be going on or at least where I could look to find out? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

It's hard to say without knowing more about how CCA is deployed at your uni. I assume that you're a student trying to connect via wireless or something. Are you constantly prompted to re-authenticate or does it only happen at the start of the session.

Probably the best thing you could do is contact your uni's sysadmin and maybe see if you could get a copy of the clean access agent to install on your machine. They may have other ideas on how to stop the authentication loop.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: