Views
Helpful
Replies

MVPN question

amitbatra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys ,

i am running into some multicast over MPLS issue. i was wondering if anybody could help me with that.

I have MPLS backbone, 1 AS running sparse mode static IP and second AS using BSR..MSDP is configured between these 2 AS. Multicasting is working fine. no probs here .

Problem Starts when i configre multicasting for clients VRF. client is using static RP in their network. when i ping from Site 1 which resides in AS 1 to Site 2 which resides in AS 2 . i get the ping reply but only 2-3 times. after that packets start dropping. i dont get the ping reply anymore. attached file is the ping response.

Regards

amit

2 Replies 2

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

I had tested the same you were talking about. But i was not getting any problem at all. But I used SSM instead of MSDP.

Can you test the same with SSM also

Regards

shivlu

Hi,

Multicast is working differently for different IOS... so can you guys check for the IOS version... I had similar issue when I was working on the same scenario, i changed IOS and now its running good. you can see the same post in internetwork expert blog as well as on the same service provider forum of cisco.com

regards

Devang Patel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: