cisco1861

Answered Question
Sep 7th, 2008
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

hello

is the integrated switch in cisco1861 router L3 or only L2?

can we configure one port by the "no switchport" command ?

thanks

Correct Answer by Richard Burts about 8 years 6 months ago

Oussama

I do not have experience with this module and so am not authoritative, but here is what I believe are answers to your questions.

You ask if this switch is L2 or L3. The switch gives you L3 capability by configuring VLANs and VLAN interfaces, and routing through the VLAN interfaces.

You then ask if you can make a switch port a directly routing port by configuring no switchport. This switch does not support that functionality. Its ports access VLANs and you do the L3 functions through VLAN interfaces.

HTH

Rick

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Richard Burts Mon, 09/08/2008 - 03:04
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Oussama

I do not have experience with this module and so am not authoritative, but here is what I believe are answers to your questions.

You ask if this switch is L2 or L3. The switch gives you L3 capability by configuring VLANs and VLAN interfaces, and routing through the VLAN interfaces.

You then ask if you can make a switch port a directly routing port by configuring no switchport. This switch does not support that functionality. Its ports access VLANs and you do the L3 functions through VLAN interfaces.

HTH

Rick

Actions

This Discussion