cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing IPCC Express (Spanlink) LDAP Directory?

habgooda
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone managed to access the LDAP directory in IPCC Express? I am trying to access the global phone book which is apparently stored in the local LDAP directory, but I can only use read only credentials which don't help. There is an "LDAP Pwd" value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup, but I think it must be encrypted.

Any ideas, or has anyone else found a clever way to manipulate the Global Phone Book?

16 Replies 16

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

The phone book values are stored in LDAP, along with a host of additional sensitive information. The LDAP is not exposed for modification.

Cisco are working on a bulk import tool however will not be available until mid 2009.

Cheers

Andy

Please rate helpful posts.

Hello. I am trying to accomplish this same task of importing several hundred entries into the global phone book. Any luck with this? Thanks!

I've been told the old functionality for bulk import via CSV will return in around 7.0.2 of UCCX, but otherwise there is no way to do it.

Hi

I have found a way to import into the agent phone book using a tool, this is done on the server (IPCCX) and you use agentname.csv files to import for each agent (agentname = username in ccm).

I have tested it with 50 entrys and it works ok.

Let me know if you want more info.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Have you gotten this to work for the global, administratively created phone books though? Does in work in the newer versions of UCCx(5.x, 7.x, etc)? Thanks!

Hi Nathan

No cannot get this to work on global phonebooks, only employee (agent) using the EmployeePhoneBookUploader exe.

The version I have is 5.0, but should work on 7.0.

Andy

Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Any ideas how to access this LDAP directory in read only mode? It would be nice to at least export this data into a more readable format. Thank you again. Nathan

Hi

I wish there was a way...but alas its protected even for read only. Cisco have confirmed that 7.0(2) will have the bulk import and 8.0 will have Enhanced Phone Book Search.....what ever that means.

hth

andy

Are you sure it's protected in Express? I deal only with Enterprise, but I can easily see the LDAP for CAD. I'm sure the same principles apply.

I just use a free LDAP browser - I use LDAP Browser\Editor v2.8.2 by Jarek Gawor.

The port is 38983. The Base DN is "o=Spanlink Communications". Use an anonymous connection.

Attached is a screen shot - I'm not looking at the phone book in this, I'm looking at how silent monitoring is configured.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

You are correct, its open and I can browse the LDAP and see all the entrys....nice.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just took their word that is was protected....

Now just need to see if there is a way to update or import.

cheers

Andy

oops, just realized this is what Andrew was originally posting about. Its readonly access only and requires a password for modifications.

may bad

andy

You and me both! I did not read it properly either.

I do know what the user name for non readonly access is: "cn=Spanlink,ou=People".

And I also know that the password is four characters. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Success! I'm in!

Thanks Geoff for the pointers...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

What is the four character password please

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: