cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%AMDP2_FE-5-LATECOLL: FastEthernet0/0 transmit error

avilt
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this error message on 2600 router. I tried Duplex Full/Auto also speed settings 100/10. No luck. What's causing this error?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

Almost certainly you have a duplex mismatch. In the first instance, let the port run on default settings - auto for both.

What were the settings on the router you replaced?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

From Cisco IOS System Error Messages:

Error Message

%AMDP2_FE-5-LATECOLL: [chars], transmit error

Explanation: Late collisions have occurred on the Ethernet or Fast Ethernet interface. When a collision

is detected by a station after it has sent the 512th bit of its frame, it is counted as a late collision.

Recommended Action: If the interface is a Fast Ethernet interface, verify that both peers are in the same

duplex mode. For regular Ethernet, the system should recover. No action is required.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Massimiliano.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whats on the other end and what are the port settings on that device? Also late collisions can be caused by a out of spec cable (too long) between the devices.

Other end is connected to ISP side, which is I am not aware of. Previously I was using 1700 series router with the same cable and interface settings without any errors.

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

Almost certainly you have a duplex mismatch. In the first instance, let the port run on default settings - auto for both.

What were the settings on the router you replaced?

I tried both Manual/Auto on my side. Anyway I do not have access to ISP side. Hope I can solve this after consulting my ISP.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card