Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call Manager PSTN to Internal translation

aniss12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I configure Cisco Call manager with route paten internal to PSTN and thats work fine, but how i need to configure to translate call in internal (pstn to internal). I try to make in translation pattern "70" and Called Party Transform Mask 1003 (to my internal local), when i use Cisco IP Phone it is ok, but when I use real Cisco phone 7811 its just ring then stop and for 1 sec ring again, when i pick up phone immidietly disconnect me.

I have ISDN DID 30 numbers 576470 576499

How i can make PSTN to internal translation, I read in books that i need to configure translate pattern.

thanks.

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes u can do it through the translation pattren but the translation depends on how u configured ur callmanager with ur pstn gateway

in otherwords if it is h323/mgcp gateway how many digits the gateway send to the callmanager, The Significant Digits field determines the number of digits, of an incoming dialed number, that will be used by CallManager. CallManager counts from right to left, so if the number entered in this field is four and the digits received are 8105559090, 810555 will be removed and only 9090 will be used to determine the destination of this call.

so lets say the pstn send u 8105559090 and u made the significant digits to 4 so the callmanger will use the 9090 as the incoming call

now create a translation pattren with pattren 9090 and in the buttom make the called number trnsformation to 1003

so this call will be trnaslated to 1003

make sure that the gateway has access this transaltion-patttren and the translation pattren has access to the intended ip phone

this access controled through partiions and CSS

see this link as well

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html

for ur DID u could od it like

set the significant digit to 4 on the gateway setting then make this translation:

6470 to 1003

if u wanna make matching for all range u need to make consistancy between the DID and the internal numbers like:

64XX to 10XX

the internal numbers DID will lokk like

1070,1071 to 1099

which is better than maping one by one

good luck

if helpful rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: