Helpful
Replies

WIFI A.P. Bandwidth per client

hi ,

do you know a cisco product that can do the folowing :

an outdoor access point with qos capability to limit bandwidth per client

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I also read this several places in Cisco dokumentation. But I can't find any actual describtion of how this is done. The doc. mentions the User Role, but i can't fine anywhre to edit this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

According to cisco documentation current products do this just fine. I believe the use of the word "guest" here does not only refer to the "guest vlan w/lobby ambassador" concept.

• Manage Bandwidth by Guest User Type. In addition to tailoring user portals, Version 4.2 enables administrators to customize bandwidth privileges for specific user groups. Administrators may easily restrict bandwidth to low-priority groups such as short-term consultants, for instance, while assigning higher throughput to groups requiring fast connectivity to resources such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems or research portals. When a guest logs into the network, the WLAN controller automatically enforces the bandwidth policies assigned to the particular guest's user group. The policies are applied on downstream traffic, helping to ensure that administrators are able to control network resources efficiently.

I also read this several places in Cisco dokumentation. But I can't find any actual describtion of how this is done. The doc. mentions the User Role, but i can't fine anywhre to edit this.

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think there's a Cisco product that can do QoS per client. Any/all QoS is determined by SSIDs/VLANs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: