cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy a Group in ACS 4.2 ??

rd9689
Level 1
Level 1

I see no way to copy a group in ACS 4.2. Am I missing something?

thanks

Bob

4 Replies 4

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Please explain in detail as what is the requirement and what are we trying to do when we are copying a group in ACS 4.2 ?

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

I do not have a specific requirement just yet, but this will likely change in a few weeks.

Simply put the detailed requirement is to copy a user group. It either can (or cannot) be done.

More specifically, let's say I've a user group, I've done some configuration to get that group just the way I want it. The users in the group can issue the debug command. I want to create a new group that has the exact configuration EXCEPT the ability to issue the debug command. I would expect I could copy the first group to a new group and then edit the new group so the the debug command is restricted. Is thsi not possible?

thanks

Bob

Unfortunately no, we do not have an option to copy settings from on group to another. From the details, it seems like you are doing the command authorization. In that case, you only need to create a new Shell command authorization set, and associate it to the new group.

HTH

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

Thanks, that was what I was afraid of.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: