Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 with duplicated remarks in the conf file

h2odata_ab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have 2 ASA 5520 running 8.0.3 in a failover configuration. I'm not great with the CLI so I tend to use ASDM most of the time.

A while ago I did a backup of our configuration and noticed that it was 5 Mb! Previously it has been well below 100 kb as our setup isn't very advanced. While inspecting the conf file I noticed that in many places the remarks have been duplicated. In some cases over 100 lines. Here's an example:

access-list QWE remark AS400 Sthlm

etc etc.

In the case above I have 155 identical lines. This problem seems to affect every remark in the conf file though, hence the huge size.

I'm assuming it's ASDM that creates this problem since it's not exactly the greatest software known to man. The question is though, what is the best way to get rid of my duplicate entries?

Thanks for your help...

2 Replies 2

suschoud
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please upgrade asa to 7.2.4 and asdm to 5.2.4.

Regards,

Sushil

Thank for your answer Sushil.

We're already running ASA 8.0.3 and ADSM 6.0.3. I'm assuming you don't want me to downgrade?

I suppose I could manually edit the config but I would be happy if I can fix it without having to spend hours doing that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: