cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Authentication

PeterDownes
Level 1
Level 1

A client of mine resells VoIP through several upstream ITSPs. All of the ITSPs use SIP to manage the VoIP communications.

My client needs to manage his clients SIP accounts through the various consoles provided by the ITSPs.

My client would like to host his own authentication service. From this hosted service, my client would like to have the option of routing this VoIP traffic to the preferred ITSP, and use the other ITSPs for failover. The solution should provide redundancy in the case of a single ITSP failure, and would centralize the management of the SIP accounts.

Is there a way (hardware or software) that my client will be able to implement a solution that will allow them to manage their own authentication, and then to relay the communication to an upstream ITSP of choice.

Can anybody please suggest a possible solution?

4 Replies 4

bryantvalencia
Level 1
Level 1

I've worked for a couple of VoIP companies and redirecting SIP authentication for a VAR or end user is unheard of. You might want to look at setting up your own feature server/gateway.

bryantvalencia
Level 1
Level 1

Come to think about it, I do recall the feature servers I've worked with (Sylantro - Broadsoft) having an API. You could possibly combine all your accounts under one custom portal.

If client implemented an SS7 switch, would they not be able to manage these ITSPs through this device?

If you can setup a softswitch that supports SS7 (like metaswitch) then you are better off becoming the direct provider. That particular switch supports SS7 (along with other trunks) and has a SIP feature server.