Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading a 1841 to AdvSecurity IOS

Carlo Zaina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I wish to deploy on a 1841 router (32 MB Flash/128 MB DRAM) the ADVSECURITY IOS.

For what i've seen, it needs a memory upgrade: i have decided to extend it to 128 MB flash and 384 MB DRAM (the max available).

I have noticed however there are 2 possible modules to upgrade the RAM: MEM180X-128U384D and MEM180X-256D=. What's is the right module i have to purchase for the the router? What is the difference between them?

And for the flash?

Thank you anticipately

C

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

MEM180X-128U384D is what you're looking for. The part number indicates that this is an upgrade from 128Mb to 384Mb. The other part no would seem to be a 256Mb module. It's possible that there's no actual difference between them, but it's always best to order the upgrade kit.

In terms of flash, it's just a 128Mb compact flash card you need. I'm not sure what the Cisco part number will be.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

MEM180X-128U384D is what you're looking for. The part number indicates that this is an upgrade from 128Mb to 384Mb. The other part no would seem to be a 256Mb module. It's possible that there's no actual difference between them, but it's always best to order the upgrade kit.

In terms of flash, it's just a 128Mb compact flash card you need. I'm not sure what the Cisco part number will be.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: