Views
Helpful
Replies

Control path on mobility member is down

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

Greetings,

I have a tac case open on this issue but wanted to see if any of you may have encountered this problem.

Our guest controller loses is connection path every 5 days for 10 or fifteen minutes and then works fine for another five days until it does it again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks much-

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you happen to of changed the ip address of the management, ap-manager or VIP?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

Same here...

Upgraded from 4.0.217 to 4.2.130 for 11N support. Thought a MD release would be safe, nothing but problems for the last week. We are experiencing CSCsr40109 and CSCsr89694. 217 ran solid for around a year, now our guest anchors are broken, data and control paths flapping continuously, and issues with the mobility group causing roaming problems with Vocera. We are also seeing a third issue with DHCP not passing through the guest anchor and only a reboot will correct.

Ask your TAC engineer to execute the appropriate hidden "devshell" command from the console, which will show the Runtime Mobility Member List. If you have a version other than 0 or 2, then you are hitting the mobility bug. As for the anchor issue, the DE is looking over some debugs and captures, but no workarounds yet. This seems to be a random issue that only effects some controllers. Only 1 controller out of 10 are having this issue at our site.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I also had this issue. After a few days of debugging I found the cause, it was a configuration failure on my site.

I need to mention that I have two WiSM blades.

The issue was that the wism service-vlan was the same vlan as the native-vlan. Because of that I received the errors. After I created a new vlan just for the service-port and put them into that vlan and assigned new ip addresses, everything was fine.

Thanks folks I'm looking into this now...

John,

I have narrowed down the issue to having more than 5 entries in the guest anchor peer list. When I add a 6th entry, the lowest IP in the peer list starts flapping. Does it sound like you are seeing the same issue?

I currently only have one entry but thanks, I know what to be looking for when we add the others!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card