Views
Helpful
Replies

Control path on mobility member is down

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

Greetings,

I have a tac case open on this issue but wanted to see if any of you may have encountered this problem.

Our guest controller loses is connection path every 5 days for 10 or fifteen minutes and then works fine for another five days until it does it again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks much-

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you happen to of changed the ip address of the management, ap-manager or VIP?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

Same here...

Upgraded from 4.0.217 to 4.2.130 for 11N support. Thought a MD release would be safe, nothing but problems for the last week. We are experiencing CSCsr40109 and CSCsr89694. 217 ran solid for around a year, now our guest anchors are broken, data and control paths flapping continuously, and issues with the mobility group causing roaming problems with Vocera. We are also seeing a third issue with DHCP not passing through the guest anchor and only a reboot will correct.

Ask your TAC engineer to execute the appropriate hidden "devshell" command from the console, which will show the Runtime Mobility Member List. If you have a version other than 0 or 2, then you are hitting the mobility bug. As for the anchor issue, the DE is looking over some debugs and captures, but no workarounds yet. This seems to be a random issue that only effects some controllers. Only 1 controller out of 10 are having this issue at our site.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I also had this issue. After a few days of debugging I found the cause, it was a configuration failure on my site.

I need to mention that I have two WiSM blades.

The issue was that the wism service-vlan was the same vlan as the native-vlan. Because of that I received the errors. After I created a new vlan just for the service-port and put them into that vlan and assigned new ip addresses, everything was fine.

Thanks folks I'm looking into this now...

John,

I have narrowed down the issue to having more than 5 entries in the guest anchor peer list. When I add a 6th entry, the lowest IP in the peer list starts flapping. Does it sound like you are seeing the same issue?

I currently only have one entry but thanks, I know what to be looking for when we add the others!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card