cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM calling 911 when that has not been dialed

ruesch-eng
Level 1
Level 1

For about 3 months, we have been experiencing a rash of 911 calls when our users insist they did not dial 911. We use 9 as our access code for an outside line - have been using it for ages. All of a sudden, it has become a problem. I am sure that in some cases, the user fat-fingered a long distance call and dialed 911+whatever the number by mistake. But, I know for a fact, because I watched it happen, that in some cases, the user dials the number correctly and CCM dials 911 anyway. For example, my colleague entered 917035349664 on his phone and then pressed the dial softkey. CCM dialed 911. After he spoke to 911 and told them there was no emergency, he called the same number again and it went through fine. So, I know we do not have a route plan issue. We were on 4.1(3) and recently upgraded to 6.1. The problem happened in both versions. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a known bug? How can I avoid this short of changing our outside line access code? Thanks in advance for you help.

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can we get a CCM SDI SDL traces when the problem occurred.

With exact timestamps/Calling number and

Called number

Only for on-hook dialing?

Which Phones and which firmware

If you have that call you mention will be perfect.

CDR reports are our friends.